Royal Lepage just released a ‘House Price Update and Market Report‘. It includes price data and insights from experts in 62 real estate markets across the country, as well as national and regional forecasts.
Key highlights from the release include:
• Royal LePage reduces national home price forecast to +5.0% in fourth quarter of 2022; expects home prices to hold relatively flat through the second half of the year in greater regions of Toronto and Vancouver. Greater Montreal Area expected to see continued price appreciation.
• National aggregate home price increases 12.1% year-over-year in second quarter of 2022; decreases 4.9% quarter-over-quarter.
• An uneven market recovery is expected as some regions experience continued price appreciation, while others soften.
• Interprovincial migration to affordable real estate markets supports home price growth in Alberta, Prairies and Atlantic Canada.
• Royal LePage cautions policy makers that growing inventory is masking an acute urgency to solve Canada’s housing supply crisis.
Click on the links below to read the full national release,
find regional insights and view the comprehensive data charts.